We’d like to end this month with a final pet safety tips post for pet owners with furry companions who may have an aversion to loud noises. More pets go missing in July than at any other time of the year.
With the recent thunderstorms and the upcoming professional fireworks displays right around the corner, it’s important to ensure the well-being of our pets who may have a fear of loud noises of all kinds.
Here are some helpful tips to keep them safe and calm:
• Keep your pets secured inside the home
• Ensure their microchips and ID tags are up to date
• Give them a safe place to hide
• Mask the loud noise with ambient music or sounds
• Keep them busy with puzzles and treats
• Consider skipping the celebration and choose to stay home with your pets
• Consult your veterinarian about possible medications or treatments that could alleviate your pet’s anxiety
Remember, every pet is unique, so experiment with different techniques to find what works best for them. By implementing these safety tips, you can help alleviate their fear and ensure their safety and happiness during loud noises.